Information Technology Mission/Purpose
The Information Technology Department will provide the highest quality technology-based services, in the most cost-effective manner, to facilitate the School's mission as it applies to the management, teaching, learning, and community service.
To meet this mission we will:
- Provide effective technology support for audio/visual, computer, multimedia, voice, video, and web based applications and services to all areas of the college.
- Promote and facilitate the effective integration of technology into the basic mission of the college through planning, programming, training, consulting, and other support activities.
- Develop, enhance, and manage the School's enterprise networks to provide high speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity among all information resources.
- Develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support instructional, administrative and research functions.
- Facilitate the collection, storage, security and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Provide capabilities including the ability to develop and manage the distribution (and marketing) through broadcast, narrowcast, broadband, software, the Web and other telecommunications technologies College programs, products and services both within and beyond the College district.
- Promote new uses of information technology within the institution through the support for exploratory and innovative applications.